Blogging is trending these days and being quite familiar. We read a lot of articles a day while browsing to get required information over the internet.
And we become delighted when we get helped for the same. It happens only because someone has shared their knowledge by putting it into an article.
The blogs can be written on various topics which we are interested in. Ahh! just a moment, let me correct myself.
So not just interested in something, in fact, we should choose a topic which we love the most. As continuing, something for a longer period can only be possible if we love the topic.
So thinking of starting a new blog on a subject which you like the most. Awesome…!! Great choice.. go ahead and share the knowledge you got, and moreover, we can also earn few bucks by monetizing it.
WordPress is the self-hosted one, so most of the new bloggers start their blogging career or hobby on Blogspot, as its free to start with.
We can create a blog in just steps and-and free of cost, without any investment into it, So why not to start it.
I hope you have chosen your blog topic, so let us get into the process to start a blog step by step in detail.
Create a Blog using Blogger.com
Here we will get into a step by step process of creating a blog in blogger.
Step 2. Once logged in to the blogger, we will be able to see the blogger clean and simple dashboard.
- Title of the Blog – We can choose a suitable title for your blog, which is going to appear at the top of the blog (Below the URL box). This would be quite important as it describes your blog in a few words in the very first impression.
- Blog Address – we have to be little careful over here while choosing a blog address, as this is the address which gets converts into a URL for our blog. People will be able to access your blog with the same URL
For Instance – My blog name is question cage, so if we enter it the address can be seen like questioncage.blogspot.com. One thing which we have to keep in mind that every blog has a unique web address.
And of course, we can change that domain later, if we wish to, we can buy any custom domain from any domain sites, like GoDaddy, BigRock, Namecheap and more, though it’s not compulsory. But I would be recommending to purchase a domain if you want to monetize it.
- Choose Template – In the Template section, we can choose any template we want to, blogger has some collection of predefined templates. Selection any template from the collection you like.
- Click on Create blog button” to create your first blog.
Step 5. It will take you to another window. check the image below for better insights. Here your can see the blog name which we have entered in the earlier window.
Now we are ready to go, we can start posting now by clicking on the “New Post” button. As clicking on the new post button it will take us to another window, where we can compose our post.
- Create a post Title – It should be well thought, so that the viewer could find it interesting and wants to read the article, as in the homepage of the blog only titles gets visible of all our posts. If the user finds the title interesting then they might click on it for reading the entire article.
- Formatting Options – There will be all the formatting options to make our content of the post much richer, it is just like as we create an email. In fact, more than that, we can change the font size, Text formatting, Creating links (hyperlinks) to the text, adding images, adding videos, bullets and more.
For Some more suggestions on what topic to choose, I found some Most Popular Blogging Topics
Once the post has been created we need to publish it, so that it could be visible to the entire world. That is what we want, right? Our knowledge should be shared among all. In order to do that Hit the Publish button.
- From the Blogger Dashboard, navigate to the “Layout”, and now below to the header in the Cross-Column
- Click on “Add a Gadget“
- Page Title – Here we can add the page will appear in the menu.
- Web Address – Here we can add the URL of the page so that if the user clicks on that menu they will be redirected to the page of which URL is. We can add any external or internal link in that. Do check the below image for better understanding.
We can see an example blog page in the above image. This is a basic and default template for the blog. You can choose from plenty of templates online. If you want to change the look of your blog completely.